by Bonnie Tate
A few photos from my weekend on Orcas Island, connected by the color blue…
1. A blue jay on the deck of our wonderful bed and breakfast, Kangaroo House (highly recommended). This bird was there one minute and gone the next, so I was surprised I got him.
2. A bee struggles with painted flowers and a pool of water. This pretty bowl was made by Jerry Weatherman of Olga Pottery.
3. The blue-doored barn in Crow Valley.
4. Many years of carving on the lookout tower atop Mt. Constitution.
5. The view from Mt. Constitution, looking east. The sun came out on the way up and we had blue skies for the rest of the day.